World Tour Duration...

269 Days. (The tours finished!)

The Approximate Route...

The Approximate Route...
Flights in solid black, overland in dotted red (click to enlarge)

We are currently in...

Bognor Regis, West Sussex, England. Staying at Home!

Photo of the Moment...

Photo of the Moment...
Taj Mahal at 6am. The beginning of the end...

17 February 2010

Bungy Day!

As promised a dedicated blog post to the Day of Bungy.....

Stu: After waking up with a slight 'Queenstown Headache' I headed down to get on the bus to the Nevis Bungy Site to undertake 'The Nevis'. At 134m it is the biggest Bungy in Australasia and the 2nd biggest in the world...The jump takes place from a pod suspended over the Nevis valley by steel cables, this means during high winds the pod is moving 2m or more, and with said high winds starting upon my arrival, emotions were running high! The scariest part of the whole experience occuring upon watching the first person fall out of my group...then it was my turn...standing on the edge felt like i may have bitten off more than I could chew....but just went for it and free-fell for over 8 seconds, the first 4 being exhilaration, the second 4 thinking I was going to die! What a rush! Definatly the scariest thing I've ever done, hopefully the pictures do it some justice!













Steve: Luckily I had horse trekking in the morning to allow recovery from the night before, but that also meant I had a few hours around mid day when I was purely bricking it for my afternoon bungy at Kawarau Bridge, the site of the first ever bungy, and NZ highest availiable water touch jump. The funniest bit has to after the initial fall, as you spring back up thinking 'Ah, i've done it, that was fun...' and you start falling again, and then do it again and again until the bungy runs out. The second fall took me by complete surprise!


No comments:

Post a Comment